Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Minnesota Mud Hen - Poulet Noir







The Minnesota Decoy Collectors show coming up in Feb has selected the COOT as the bird of the year. To help show support of the show and to provide motivation for the MN Decoy Carving Club, we selected a Cedar Coot as our annual Winter decoy project. To make this project work for myself, I drew up a pattern from really cool photo of a european coot. Then I carved and painted this little guy up. Fun thing is that it only took about 2 Saturdays to get done. This was certainly fun.






2 comments:

Nana B said...

hey, nice carving, looks good to me, it's nice you have a hobby that you enjoy and when you are done you have a great object to display

billspaintingmn said...

Hi Steve! I'm almost certain it's you. I left a comment at your other site.
Your carvings I remember, your work is excellent!